Batata Vada Recipe Ingredients:
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Potatoes – 4, boiled
- Green chili – 2
- Fennel Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Dry Mango Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Green Coriander – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt – as per taste
How to make Batata Vada at Home:
Batata Vada Recipe Instructions:
- Peel the boiled potatoes and crumble them coarsely.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Turn off the gas and in hot oil add fennel seeds, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and chopped green chillis.
- Once done, transfer the tempering to crumbled potatoes and mix well.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and salt as per taste. Potatoes are ready to make vada or bonda and let it cool down.
- In another pan take gram flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder and make a thick batter with water.
- In a wok heat oil for deep frying btata vada.
- Now, take lemon sized portions from the potato mix and make small ball of the same and place them on a plate.
- One by one, dip it in the gram flour batter and transfer it in hot oil for deep frying, fry on medium flame.
- Once it is golden brown remove fried vadas on tissue paper. Similarly fry rest of the balls.
- Serve btata vada with fried green chillis and peanut sauce.