Tinda Masala – A healthy and delicious North Indian Dish made with tinda (Apple gourd/ Indian round Gourd) cooked in onion-tomato gravy.
Makes a perfect recipe cooked in flavorful curry making it perfect for lunch time.
Total Time : 30 minutes
Serving Size : 4-5
Tinda Masala recipe Ingredients :
- Tinda (Apple gourd) – ½ kg
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Onions – 2
- Aamchur (Dry Mango Powder) – ½ tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Green Chilies – 1
- Red Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Water – ½ glass for gravy
How to make Punjabi Tinda Masala Recipe:
- Wash tinde (apple gourd) , peel it and cut it into four pieces.
- In a pan take oil and heat it up.
- Add apple gourd to the hot oil and fry till golden.
- Remove the fried apple gourd in the plate.
- Now heat the oil again and fry the chopped onions.
- Take out the fried onion in the plate and let it cool.
- Grind fried onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger in the mixer to a smooth paste.
- In a wok, heat the oil again and add cumin seeds.
- Add onion and tomato paste in the pan and cook it.
- When the spices started leaving oil, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and 1 tablespoon of water and cook it for 2 o 3 minutes on low flame.
- Now add fried apple gourd and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining water in it and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve the apple gourd with chapatti.